Wednesday, December 16, 2009

While getting word out about the Cheeky Lady Event (January 16th, 2009), I have met some of the friendliest people. And Visited the most fabulous shops in Bellingham. Here are some:

Mi Shoes - 1315 Railroad Ave (360-715-2046)

(photo borrowed from Mi Shoes website)

One of the hardest part of going vegetarian (near vegan... but with organic milk), has been the shoes. I love shoes - total cliche I know, but I can't help it. Mi Shoes are all beautiful, classic with unique and bohemian flair.



Garys' - 128 w. Holly St (360-733-2180)


(photo borrowed from Gary's Website)

Every-time I walk around Bellingham, I go into this beautiful clothing boutique. The elegant, classic, yet fashion forward high-end clothing has me spinning every time. The owners Barbra & Gary are so incredibly friendly and welcoming; I have to admit it caught me off guard, in a good way. I was so impressed by the clothing, and the posh atmosphere of the store that I thought I was going to meet an intimidating character who would look at my target jacket, and gap jeans and laugh... I was absolutely wrong!



Envy - 1322 Commercial Street (360-676-5800)

Envy is one of Bellingham
(Photo borrowed from Envy website)

I have passed by the old brick lined alley and seen the elegant "Envy" sign swinging in the Bellingham breeze. I have always wanted to check it out. But on a normal day I am toting my children with me on my walks... thus no shop exploring. However since my latest hair dresser turned my hair purple with blond patches, It seemed like a good time to explore other hair options. As I walked in a lady was leaving, and the reception desk got up and gave her a hug and a genuine farewell. I knew I was in the right place! The salon is gorgeous, and so are the stylists! I cannot wait to return... and I had better do it quick, my hair is looking pretty sad.



La Vie En Rose - 111 w. Holly (360-715-1839)

La Vie En Rose is my favorite bakery/deli/cafe!!! Their pastries are scrumptious, their hot drinks taste and displayed with flair... and I have to be honest, I have only tried a nibble of a non-dessert item (I have a bit of a sweet tooth), and that was amazing as well! Their shop is beautifully laid out, and shows some beautiful art. The staff is so friendly, and the service is dedicated and prompt. Like I said, It is my favorite!



I hope that you visit these wonderful shops, it is well worth the trip.

- Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment